Domain Shield is a lighter version of Domain Guard. It also protects a domain name that is very valuable or where the damage could be significant if, e.g., it suddenly points to another server redirects. The difference here is that the registrar takes responsibility for approving the changes.
Domain Shield ensures hackers are unable to fraudulently carry out the following actions:
- update the data of your domain name
- move your domain name to another registrar
- change your domain name holder data
- delete your domain name
- change the holder data
How does it work?
- Your registrar (party where you registered your domain name) signs a separate contract with DNS Belgium for this. Check whether your registrar offers this service.
- One or several users at your registrar are given authorisation to enable or disable Domain Shield for your domain name.
- If you do want to change data of your domain name or transfer your domain name, please contact your registrar.
- Your registrar (temporarily) disables Domain Shield.
- Your registrar makes the change through a different user than the one who disabled Domain Shield.
- Domain Shield is enabled again.
If you find this protection insufficient and you want to be called with every update attempt of your domain name, Domain Guard offers you this total control!