You are now on a page of DNS Belgium. DNS Belgium manages all .be domain names.
Go through online verification
- We checked the holder data of your domain name during registration. At the moment we still lack essential information, which is why your domain name has not yet been activated.
- Both you and your registrar have received an e-mail from us asking you to confirm your identity.
- Attention: use correct identity information when registering your domain name. They should correspond with your identity. Is that not the case? Ask your registrar to update your registrant details.
Verify your data online
Fill in your domain name here:
You will receive an e-mail from us in which you will find the link to our verification page.
On that verification page, we compare the data you used to register your domain name with your identity. Your passport, driving licence or identity card is read by one of these third parties:
- itsme or eID for domain name holders with an official address in Belgium
- via iDIN for Dutch registrants
- Onfido for all other domain name holders
Is your verification successful? Then your domain name is active after 1 hour.
Not successful with one of these parties? You can also upload your documents on the same page. Our support service will then compare the data manually, which means it will take longer before your domain name is active (max 5 working days).
Are the documents insufficient proof that the registrant data is correct?
=> Our support service will ask for additional information. Your domain name remains registered but is not yet usable.
You didn't verify your data online? You did not provide us with the necessary documents?
=> Your domain name remains registered but is not yet usable.
Why do we do these checks?
- To stop potentially fraudulent registrations. These domain names often contain false data.
- To prevent such a domain name from becoming active and causing damage before we can intervene.