Update 1 December:
If you prefer to contact your registrants yourself about the amended general terms and conditions, please notify us no later than 5 December at email@example.com. Otherwise they will receive a message from us.
Original message 21 November:
We have prepared a new version of the "general terms and conditions for .be domain name registrations". These are the general terms and conditions that apply to every registrant of a .be domain name, i.e. your end customers. The new version will come into force on 15 January 2023.
What's new in version 6.2?
- The current version dates from 2018, so an update in terms of language and readability was welcome.
- Some procedures (e.g. "bad whois " procedure) and services (e.g. Domain Shield) were not yet added or completely up-to-date.
- We reviewed the article on the protection of privacy and the processing of personal data and completed it according to the current way of working within DNS Belgium.
- We explained how Registrant Verification works in a number of relevant provisions and a new article.
So no major changes of substance, but a necessary update so that .be registrants are as aware as possible of the rules of the game for registering and managing a .be domain name. You can find the new version of the General Terms and Conditions on our website.
Inform the registrants
We feel it is necessary to inform all .be registrants of this new version. Therefore, from 15 December onwards, we will send an e-mail message to all .be registrants. In this e-mail, we explain the most important changes and provide a URL with the location of the new conditions. An example of this message can be found below.
If you do not object to DNS Belgium sending your registrants an e-mail message, you do not have to do anything else.
Do you prefer to inform your registrants of the new version of the general terms and conditions yourself?
- Please let us know no later than 2 December by replying to this e-mail. In this case, we would like to receive proof that you have informed your customers of this change by 31 December at the latest.
- If we do not hear from you, we assume that DNS Belgium may send your registrants a message. That way, we can prove that the registrant was indeed informed about the new conditions.
We would also like to ask you to only submit the new version of the general terms and conditions to your customers for approval as from 15 January 2023.